Author Topic: A note somewhere that it's okay to bump posts  (Read 794 times)

Kye

• Future Members
  • :3
    • View Profile
    • Fancy website thing
A note somewhere that it's okay to bump posts
« on: March 21, 2016, 02:58:15 PM »
This forum has a lot of good discussions that died off months or years ago, and I have things to add. A lot of forums throw a fit if you bump an old thread, even if your post is a top-quality contribution. I poked around for forum rules, but came up empty (aside from the critique forum).

A forum-wide announcement/thing letting people know this is okay might help get the activity level up.

Poetigress

• Panthera tigris libris
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Personal website
Re: A note somewhere that it's okay to bump posts
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2016, 03:11:42 PM »
This is what we have at the moment for forum rules:

http://www.anthroaquatic.com/forum/index.php?topic=12.0

Which, yeah, doesn't say anything about necro-ing threads, one way or the other.

For the record, I think it's fine as long as the new post adds something to the conversation -- and since I'm planning an overhaul of the rules/conduct guidelines before the end of my term, I'll add a note in there about that.

As far as our activity level, it waxes and wanes. I do think a lot of people lately would rather chat (either in the shoutbox here or on Slack) than post to the forums -- which is a bit disappointing for people like me who don't have a lot of spare time to chat, but at least it's community activity generally. :)

Thanks for the feedback!
« Last Edit: March 21, 2016, 03:14:11 PM by Poetigress »

Munchkin

• Token Munchkin Cat
  • FWG Members
  • Breather of life into the ShoutBox since 2014.
    • View Profile
    • GoodReads
Re: A note somewhere that it's okay to bump posts
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2016, 09:06:30 AM »
I kind of blame myself for that >.> But at least folks are talking.  Hoping to get more active on the forums, personally, now that I'm working graveyard shift.  Maybe inject some action back up in here ;)
@MunchkinRambles
~*~
Now accepting submissions!
Civilized Beasts 2016
~*~
Fragments of Life's Heart
~*~
Where to find some of my work:
Civilized Beasts 2015 ~ ROAR 6 ~ Will of the Alpha 3