Author Topic: The Dogs of War  (Read 6118 times)

Munchkin

• Token Munchkin Cat
  • FWG Members
  • Breather of life into the ShoutBox since 2014.
    • View Profile
    • GoodReads
Re: The Dogs of War
« Reply #45 on: October 05, 2016, 06:16:06 AM »
Well that deadline went whooshing by for me o.o Going to still work on my idea as I'm able in case there's a sequel though.  I'm pretty excited about it.
@MunchkinRambles
~*~
Now accepting submissions!
Civilized Beasts 2016
~*~
Fragments of Life's Heart
~*~
Where to find some of my work:
Civilized Beasts 2015 ~ ROAR 6 ~ Will of the Alpha 3

Fred Patten

• FWG Members
    • View Profile
    • Fred Patten News
« Reply #46 on: October 12, 2016, 06:59:47 AM »
Yes, there will be a sequel.  FurPlanet Productions was hoping to get about 20 stories, adding up to 120,000 to 150,000 words.  We got almost 40 stories adding up to over 260,000 words.  So we're going to publish two anthologies; the first for Further Confusion 2017 as planned, and the second for either Anthrocon 2017 or FC 2018.

All the stories will be paid for now.  A little less than half the writers will have to wait a while longer to see their stories in print, but they won't have to wait to get paid.

There's a little room left in The Dogs of War II, or The Dogs of War: Aftermath, or whatever we call it -- not enough to put out a call for more submissions, but if anyone has an idea for a story that they didn't have enough time to write, or wants to write a second story, we can probably fit it in.  Please let me know.

We got stories from the U.S., Canada, Great Britain, Germany, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore (hi, MikasiWolf), and one arrived just before the deadline from Ljubljana, Slovenia.  Is this the first furry story from Slovenia?  MikasiWolf is the only author (so far) to have stories in both anthologies.
Fred

Jaden Drackus

• FWG Members
  • Writing Experimentalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 12, 2016, 11:27:02 AM »
Well. A sign to never give up. I need to get back to work.
Youíll give a penny for my thoughts. But this coinís not even real copper Well neither am I!
Iím just a pen filled with their ink And nowhere to hide!

Fred Patten

• FWG Members
    • View Profile
    • Fred Patten News
« Reply #48 on: October 15, 2016, 01:16:46 PM »
Hooray!  Stories for the second The Dogs of War anthology have now been received and accepted from Alice "Huskyteer" Dryden and Jaden Drackus. 

Does anyone else still want to submit a story?  Please contact me.  It hasn't been decided yet whether to publish the second anthology for Anthrocon 2017 or for FC 2018.  That will depend partially on how well the first anthology at FC 2017 in January sells.  You have until at least the end of 2016 to write something.

Second stories by writers in the first anthology will be accepted, but only one story per author in the second anthology.
Fred

Wolfyneko

• The Captain
  • FWG Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 20, 2016, 05:38:05 PM »
Is this the first furry story from Slovenia?

I do believe it is. As far as I'm aware, I'm the only furry writer in my country.

Also, this was a great experience and a fun project to do! :D

MikasiWolf

• FWG Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 23, 2016, 08:41:50 PM »

I do believe it is. As far as I'm aware, I'm the only furry writer in my country.

Welcome to the club, Neko! :D My country's small, but from what I know, I'm not the only Furry writer here

Wolfyneko

• The Captain
  • FWG Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 24, 2016, 09:13:31 AM »

Welcome to the club, Neko! :D My country's small, but from what I know, I'm not the only Furry writer here
Thanks!
I'm actually surprised that my country is larger. From the handful of furs we have here, I'm certain that I'm the only writer :P

Fred Patten

• FWG Members
    • View Profile
    • Fred Patten News
« Reply #52 on: October 24, 2016, 01:50:51 PM »
Slovenia is certainly larger than Singapore. 

I remember the 1995 World Science Fiction Convention in Glasgow.  Most of the U.S. s-f fans attending it considered Scottish food inedible.  (For instance, the Glaswegan version of "French-fried potatoes" was raw potato strips swimming in vinegar.)  Someone discovered a Slovenian-ethnic restaurant in Glasgow.  We ate it out of food over a weekend.
Fred